Monday, September 3, 2007

hanging out in florence

We don't really have internet access at the apartment. There is a hotel upstairs with wireless, but the signal isn't strong enough for us to get in our place. We may go upstairs for the signal and then pay for access (by the minute/hour). We've also found a little cafe with free wi-fi (where I'm posting this). Kipp can post to his blog by sending email from his Blackberry, so you should see more frequent posts by him. For me, expect to see posts in bursts as I write them offline and then post them all at once when I can.

We haven't done any real sight seeing here yet. It's been nice just taking it easy the last couple of days. We found a market near the apartment where we can get groceries and other household stuff. Kipp's cooked a few (excellent) meals at the apartment. We've watched an Arsenal match (link) on TV at the pub, grabbed sandwiches from one of the local shops, and had our espresso/cappuccino and pastries in the morning. Today it is raining, so no plans to go out. I'm catching up on my blogging and downloading pictures from camera to post. Ah, a nice relaxing sabbatical.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A relaxing Sabbatical is the only way to go! It's good to hear that you guys are taking it easy and having a great time. Have a pint for me at the pub. :)

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you. Send more pictures when you can. We would like to see pictures of your apartment and pictures of Kip and you sightseeing. Starla had her first soccer game. She scored a goal. Unfortunately,it was for the other team. Keep in touch.

Aunt Joyce said...

I got your email, I am sharing it with your dad. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. We really look forward to both your and Kipp's blog. I am sure the time is going by quickly so enjoy each moment. We will see you when you get home.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob -- Just catching up on all your blogs after getting back from my little mini-vacation to Alaska & Canada.. It was beautiful there, lots of green treed mountains & tons of wildlife!
We got to go to a dog musher’s camp (some getting ready for the 2008 Iditarod), whale watching, and on a jeep excursion where Sandy & I took 4 wheel driving to a whole new level -- man, do I miss my jeep!!! Canada was like Seattle on steroids! :), but one of my favorite places to visit -- I'm ready to go back there for a while - maybe the 2010 winter Olympics!
We can exchange our vacation stories when you get back.. but until then.. have all the fun you can possibly have.
Oh, and thanks for the insight on how beautiful the women are there.. but what I really want to know is how hot are the men??? Feel free to be as explicit as possible!! :) Both Jen & I would love to know all the details.. and I'm sure Auntie Joyce wouldn't mind either!
Keep up the fun & blogs!