Saturday, September 1, 2007

from the uk to italy


At 4 am we take a cab from our hotel at Paddington station to the airport in Stinton. Our Ryan Air flight to Pisa is a much different experience than our Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic flight. The seats are small and cramped. Anyway, it's only a 2 hour flight and not that bad. We land in Pisa, take a cab from the airport, and arrive at our hotel around 9 am.

The woman at the desk looks at us like we're crazy for trying to check in so early. I didn't expect to be able to check in that early, but it's not our fault the plane landed then. "After 2 PM," she says. Pisa is a small town, so we leave our bags at the hotel and decide to take a walk around. We'll try to find the tower and duomo. This task was much more difficult that I thought it would be. For as small as I heard Pisa is, I kept expecting to turn a corner and then see the leaning tower between or above the buildings. I knew the tower itself wasn't all that tall, but still, I thought it would be very obvious and easy to find. Well, maybe if you're not a couple of dumb Americans. Anyway, we finally find the place sometime after noon.

No comments: